Solar Energy is the fastest-growing electricity source and is expected to contribute 36 percent of total US renewable energy generation by 2050. Shifting to solar has a wide range of economic, environmental and personal benefits.
But let’s admit it . The process of going solar has always been confusing!
Even though homeowners agree with the benefits of a solar panel system (tens of thousands in energy bill savings), they are often bothered with many questions and doubts, particularly around the cost of solar.
Introducing… Our Brand New Solar Calculator!
To clear this confusion and to help homeowners to decide the best solar panel systems for their homes, Solar.com recently upgraded its solar savings estimator (try it out for yourself!).
We now consider it the most sophisticated solar panel savings calculator available to homeowners for an instant assessment of their savings with solar.
Solar system calculators are a great way to begin exploring solar for your home, without needing to commit to speaking with project managers or company representatives.
By providing your address, our solar energy savings calculator helps you to find answers to questions like:
- What would be my estimated electricity bill after going solar?
- What are my savings on a solar panel system?
- What should be the size of my system?
- What panels makes sense to my roof?
- What are the different government incentives I’m eligible for?
In short, we help you Discover Your Solar Potential!
Our solar savings calculator provides more accurate cost and savings estimates by analyzing your current electricity bills, rooftop, and solar pricing in your area.
First and foremost, Solar.com’s assessment tool is the first-ever to deploy Google’s Project Sunroof API to instantly deliver solar estimates on a roof-by-roof basis to users.
What is Google’s Project Sunroof?
Google has dabbled in the solar market with Project Sunroof since August 2015. Project Sunroof uses Google Earth’s high-resolution imagery to help calculate a roof’s solar energy potential.
Upon entering an address, the tool analyzes factors such as shade, roof orientation, and local weather patterns to calculate how many hours of sunlight hit that roof in a typical year.
This analyzed information is then combined to create an estimate for how much power a user could produce and can save with solar.
Solar.com’s Solar Savings Calculator Features
Solar.com has substantially upgraded its solar savings calculator to provide more accurate cost and savings estimates with solar.
Using our tool, we factor in:
- Improved Shade Analysis – Powered by Google Sunroof data, all estimates consider the shading and irradiance levels of every roof plane, with the panel placement optimized for the most productive areas of the roof.
- How Much Incentive Money You Receive – See how much rebates and incentives you can claim by going solar. This includes both the 30% Federal Solar Tax Credit and local, state, and utility rebates in your area.
- Payback Period – Instantly understand how many years it will take for your solar system to pay for itself in utility bill savings.
- Annual Savings – Our Instant Solar Assessment tool we share how much you could be saving every year with solar. This number may be even higher if utilities raise their rates higher than projected.
Solar Panel Installation Cost
Here’s an exciting number. The cost for residential solar panel systems has dropped a remarkable 61 percent since 2010. That’s according to the National Renewable...
How Much Do Solar Panels Save?
Year after year, electricity prices have continued to increase across the nation. Whereas over the last 10 years, the price of residential solar installations in...
Solar Panel Costs by State
Average prices found through the Solar.com platform have been lower than market prices in a majority of the states according to data procured from the...
Solar Cost Per Watt
Solar Panel Cost Per Watt is also referred to as the Solar Price Per Watt or PPW. What is Solar Cost Per Watt and How...
Solar Panel Maintenance
So, you’ve installed your solar panels and they are now producing clean, low-cost energy for your home. How do you maintain your solar panels to...
See how much solar panels cost in your area.
Please enter a valid zipcode.
Zero Upfront Cost. Best Price Guaranteed.